Main Grants programme 2022–25
Welcome to Lewisham’s Main Grants Programme.
We are open for applications under the three main grants criteria from 23rd September 2021 to 11.59pm on 18th November 2021.
The deadline for Expressions of Interest for hosting Community Fundraisers is 11.59pm on 17th October 2021.
About the Main Grants Programme
Lewisham’s Main Grants Programme has been operational for over 20 years, providing funding to organisations delivering a wide range of crucial services during that time. The provision of grants has enabled organisations to develop their capacity and widen the range of services they offer.
A new round of funding is now open for applications for expenditure in the 2022 – 2025 financial years. As usual, the programme is focusing on specific areas of need and a recent VCS consultation has informed our approach.
In setting the priorities for this programme we have undertaken a thorough review of all of the available evidence on the impact of COVID and the needs of the borough during the recovery phase.
In developing the criteria for this new round of funding, the Council has also recognised that cuts to the main grants programme means we have to focus on building the capacity of the sector as a whole through strong infrastructure, coordination and fundraising services, rather than trying to fund everything directly through short-term project-based grants.
The Main Grants Programme is primarily focused on adults.
· An economically sound future (specifically a borough wide Advice Service and Enabling Digital Access for All)
· A healthy and well future including a coordinated social prescribing service, social prescribing activities, volunteering, connecting people to their local community or communities of interest as a means of improving their well-being
· A future we all have a part in – through investments in infrastructure to enable the VCS to be independent – e.g. Community Fundraisers, BAME infrastructure support, volunteer brokerage and community directory
There are three application forms with associated guidance in this programme.
1. Application form for the three programme criteria described above. Funding secured through this application will be available for three years starting from 1 April 2022. We anticipate that grants will generally be for up to circa £50,000 per year apart from exceptional circumstances. Larger partnership grants will be awarded for the delivery of a borough-wide advice service and a coordinated social prescribing service. The deadline for applications is 11.59pm on 18th November 2021.
2. Expression of Interest forms for organisations wanting to host Community Fundraiser posts. Funding secured through this application will be available for three years from the award date. Grants will be a maximum of £60,000 per year. The deadline for applications is 11.59pm on 17th October 2021. Shortlisted organisations will be interviewed week commencing 1st November 2021. Grants will be awarded by 17th November.
3. Application form for small partnership grants of £10,000. Funding secured through this application will be available for three years starting from 1 April 2022. The grants are available to organisations who can demonstrate commitment to working in partnership with the Council. These funds could enable organisations to attract additional funding, and can support the core activities of organisations. The deadline for applications is 11.59pm on 18th November 2021.
Fund is now closed.